Thursday, September 5, 2013

In His Hands

Aside from glorifying God with our work, a Christian writer's greatest dream is to finally hold that hard-earned, slaved-over, finally-published book in his or her hands.

Sadly, one of our fellow authors from Hartline Literary Agency, Dianne Price, never had that chance. She died just one week before Broken Wings, the first book of her World War II series, was published by Ashberry Lane.

I never met Dianne and knew her only briefly through the writer's loop of our mutual agent, Terry W. Burns. But one look at her smiling face told me everything I needed to know. She was joyous, hopeful, and God-fearing. She worked hard to finish her books and longed to hold that first one before she died. But God had other plans and I'm sure His were far better than any that mere humans could conjure up! Dianne (and her book) are now in God's Hands.

The first of Dianne's books is now available for sale. Please take a look at the following links to learn more about Dianne and find out how you and anyone else you know can hold Dianne's book for her. 

http://ashberrylane.com/dianneprice/ 
http://www.ashberrylane.com

Until the next time....

2 comments:

Marty Cauley said...

Deborah, are you originally from Raleigh, NC. You look very familiar?

Deborah Dee Harper said...

Marty, I am so sorry. I just NOW noticed your note. No, I'm not from Raleigh, although I hear it's a beautiful place! I'm from Michigan originally, then Kentucky, Alaska, Mississippi, back to Alaska, and now Tennessee!

Blessings,
Deb

Laughing with the Lord #6

Welcome to Laughing with the Lord #6!  Sometimes I wonder if my purpose in life is to make God chuckle. I do so many ridiculous thi...